asdfghjkl Sometimes we gotta talk about this.

I always love a good laugh. Maybe you need to upgrade your graphic driver, different monitor, or go to your eye doctor and ask for a refund.

Just kidding dude, I have a pretty good sense of humor, and I'm here to help. Sounds like you're spinning your wheels brother.

Let's get this 'laughable' thing squared away.

With an experiment! Using Super Store Data.

My hypothesis; there are pixelated things... And we need to dig until we find it. Get ready for a rabbit hole.

Using Tableau Desktop, I'm utilizing sales, customer name, a simple chart, and it probably could be better but the point is,...

Is there a limit that is 20pixels?
And where are these pixelated things?
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 7.13.22 PM.png
Now here's a closer look at it. This is a 'zoomed in' of the previous screenshot.

Nothing is pixelated. But we can't just do one test and call it quits. Maybe you're on to something. I'm going to keep drilling in, and find something.
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 7.14.44 PM.png

And lets take one more dive deeper, and check those pixels. Now that I zoom in this far, I'm really starting to see pixels... I will keep zooming in until we figure out what's funny - I love a good joke.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 7.14.51 PM.png
Oh wow dude, now I see what you're talking about.
We will need to zoom in one more time to see it though.
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 7.42.20 PM.png
Let's just zoom in on that pixelated area! Gosh I hate when it gets pixelated.
We may need to 'enhance this'
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 7.25.42 PM.png

Enhance, Enhance, Enhance

enhance enhance.gif
There's the patrixels.
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 7.28.12 PM.png

You're right. I don't know how to get rid of these 

***UPDATE:

Joking aside (it's good to joke after struggling on stuff otherwise it's not going to be fun), pushing a digital to pdf, and expecting it to be the same, can be challenging. I'm sorry this isn't working for you.

Screenshots will suffice, as you can see above it works that way. And you can automate this screen capture, without having to do it a lot.

And I always ask people, why did you buy Tableau if you're just going to package it into a PDF? Have you heard of Reader? Online? Server? Public? All of these will remove the necessity of PDF export.

Often time users are trying to make 'something from the past' work in the present. And they struggle to thread a needle.

Maybe print to pdf doesn't work. So, I'd stop doing that. And work on reader, online, server, public, or script a screenshot.

Automation is key, if you can do the clicks to build it once, why worry about native functionality. Seems like a futile amount of time forcing a native feature to work that simply doesn't.

Best,
Tyler Garrett

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger copy and paste attempt

A reblog of my short URLS, so much easier to keep track of this. And a time stamp..